Monday 29 June 2009

Around The Corner.

Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone
And I never see my old friends face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well
As in the days when I rang his bell,
And he rang mine.

We were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
"Tomorrow" I say "I will call on Jim"
"Just to show that I'm thinking of him"
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes, And
distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner!-yet miles away,

"Here's a telegram sir--"
"Jim died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner,
a vanished friend.

-By Henson Towne

1 comment:

Reza Rahutomo said...

Chicken Strips @ Cnc = IDR 13.5k
Friendship = Priceless